Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Creamy Liver Salad



Since I talk so frequently of using whole chickens, and the goodies that come along with the chicken, I wanted to share a recipe for the liver. I am well aware that liver is an acquired taste, one that I was not a fan of until very recently. Even the name does nothing for it...liver is an awful word rolling off the tongue.
The Shed at Glenwood is responsible for opening my mind again to this little loved meat product. They make an incredible chicken liver and bacon bruschetta! My recipe is similar, but I decided to forgo the bacon and keep it simple. Having come to love it, I am hoping that I may convince you to taste it with fresh taste buds!

Creamy Liver Salad

Ingredients:

1 Chicken Liver
1 Green Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons of Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper
1 Piece of Toast 

Cooking:

Pour your oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Let the oil get hot, you will see the oil begin to shimmer in the pan. Salt and pepper your liver, then using tongs, place into the frying pan. The liver will cook very quickly, just a couple of minutes on each side.  You will want a little color on it, but don't burn it. Remove the liver from the pan and chop into small bits. Place the green onions into the frying pan. Cook until just slightly softened. The color will go even brighter green. In a bowl, combine your liver, onions, and mayonnaise. Add a little more salt and pepper to taste, then spread on toast and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment