Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Local North Ga Smoked Trout Spread

On our last visit to the farmer's market, my husband picked up some North Georgia Smoked Trout, of which he cannot seem to get enough. Feeling inspired to do something a little different, I experimented and came up with this spread. I was so tickled with the results. It's creamy, tangy and delicious, but best of all, super easy!
It's great on onion flatbread, or crackers, or even little toast points. I had some the next day on toast with a fresh tomato sliced on top, it was so good!


Ingredients:


1 Fillet of North Georgia Smoked Trout
1 Package of Cream Cheese

1 Tablespoon of Greek Yogurt

1 Tablespoon of Buttermilk

2 Chopped Green Onions

1/2 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest

Juice of 1/2 Lemon

Salt and Pepper to Taste


Preparation:


Remove the skin from your fillet and toss into the food processor with all the other ingredients except Salt and Pepper. Puree until a smooth, spread consistency, then add salt and pepper to your liking.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds really good! An interesting twist on smoked salmon cream cheese, which I had a lot in Seattle. This would be the Georgia equivalent, I guess.

    I can't figure out how to comment as me. Anyway, it's me, Jenny (Southern Fried Curry). Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I made it again for my in-laws Christmas gathering last week and I am ashamed to say I stole the leftovers because I like it so much! Let me know if you give it a try!

    ReplyDelete