Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bubbly Gin and Grapefruit Cocktail

Last year was the first time I tasted gin and grapefruit juice together.  My eyes were opened! Gin and tonics never impressed my taste buds, so I had all but given up on the liquor. Enter tart and tangy grapefruit juice. The grapefruit bitterness cuts the herbal note of the gin, and you are instead left with a fruity, floral combination with a kick.
I like a strong cocktail and this is one of my favorites. It hits the right bit of sweet, tart, bitter, and sour which a perfect cocktail must achieve. Let me know if you agree!

Bubbly Gin and Grapefruit Cocktail

Ingredients:

1 Ounce Gin
1 Ounce Grapefruit Juice
1 Ounce Sparkling Wine
1/2 Ounce of Sweet Vermouth
Several Splashes of Bitters

Preparation:

In a cocktail mixer, with some ice, pour in all ingredients except the sparkling wine. Shake a few good times, then pour through your strainer into a cocktail glass. Top with the sparkling wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment