Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote


I LOVE rhubarb! Just a few years ago, rhubarb was introduced to me via an amazing pie with strawberries and huckleberries in Montana. A convert was born! Rhubarb is not a vegetable I grew up with and I am still amazed that something so celery-like can produce such a delicious, tart flavor.
I made this dish a few weeks ago to include in a cupcake recipe, but I've since been enjoying this sweet, summer compote on all kinds of goodies. It's wonderful over ice cream, biscuits, toast and even great on pound cake!  

Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote

Ingredients:
6 Stalks of Rhubarb, Chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1 Pint of Strawberries, Roughly Chopped
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Cup of Water

Cooking:
In a saucepan, combine all your ingredients and bring to medium heat. Stirring occasionally, cook the fruit down until the fibers are soft and it's a preserve-like consistency. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment