Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Unusual, But Delicious Quesadillas


One of my new favorite neighborhood joints is Pure Taqueria. The Inman Park location isn't the original, but it's pretty new, and the food is fantastic. In my eyes, it's hard to beat your local cheap Mexican restaurant. It is the quintessential comfort food; hot and spicy, flavorful and delicious. And while Pure is a little pricier than the local cheap place, the fresh ingredients and original dishes make it easier to rationalize the extra costs.
The margaritas at Pure are great, I like the house margarita as much as the specialty mixes.
On the appetizer menu, the fish ceviche is fantastic. The citrus is almost effervescent, and combined with celery for a zesty, crunchy combination. My favorite entree is the chicken quesadilla. At a lot of restaurants, the quesadillas can be a major let-down, they are soggy and unappetizing, but at Pure, it's more like an empanada, with crispy fried dough, then it's piled high with salsa verde and sour cream. It's completely worth every calorie.
If you are in Inman Park next weekend, for the annual Inman Park festival, and feel like some delicious Mexican food, stop by Pure. Just ignore the super loud clubby music they play at night, the food should make up for the auditory discomfort, or better yet, stop for lunch, before they crank it up!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I've been wanting to try Pure! Did you notice any vegan options on the menu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, no. There are a lot of meat options. When I gave up commercial meat for a bit, I was really limited there. I had the crab fritters which were good, but not vegan. The guacamole could be vegan, but while I would fill up on that, it's not everyone's well rounded meal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, bummer! I'll just wait until I'm looking for some good margaritas and chips and guac!

    ReplyDelete